It’s the classic yin and yang of marketing: Over the last decade, social media empowered brands to infinitely scale – to amass large audiences, seek virality, and communicate for minimal cost. Now, advances in AI and predictive analytics enable us with an unprecedented opportunity to infinitely slice or micro-target, i.e. use the massive amounts of data created by connected activity to not only reach customers … Continue reading Why the intersection of Social Media and AI signals both – promise & peril for Marketers
Marketing Expert John Ellett (Forbes Columnist) and I recently discussed the findings from an SAP Digital Executive Transformation Study conducted in partnership with Oxford Economics. The report examined the difference between leading companies (top 3%) who were achieving significant results from their digital transformation efforts by being more profitable while growing faster than their peers ( the remaining 97%) . Here is what drove the changes … Continue reading The personalized customer experience at scale is the on ramp to smart, effective digital strategy. Marketers should take note.
Maintaining integrity depends on knowing, doing and being — all in ways that enable us to evolve into our true self. Continue reading How to Become an Authentic Leader in the Digital Era
One that says it has 75% less fat or an identical one that says it has 25% fat. Most would choose the one with the 75% less fat. What’s more is that we might even be tempted to say that it tastes better! Even though we might not be conscious about most of them, we make up to 200 decisions every day just about simple … Continue reading Which burger would you prefer to eat?
Banyans are among the world’s largest and longest-living trees, and have come to symbolize strong, stable leadership in South East Asian culture. In this Harvard Business Review post, I encourage leaders to act more like the dandelion, a small weed that lives an unremarkable, fleeting life. From conventional reasoning, you’d be hard pressed to find a management guru who would recommend that we lead like dandelions. Yes, … Continue reading Why the Lowly Dandelion Is a Better Metaphor for Leaders than the Mighty Banyan
“You can have any car you want, as long as it is black” – Henry Ford These famous words by Henry Ford in 1942 exemplified the industrial age, during which innovations in automation drove unprecedented advances in mass production, making it possible for to manufacture products that were once too complex and expensive, and deliver them to scale for the masses at an affordable price. … Continue reading The seductive illusion of choice
What separates the human species from others is that we have a strong desire to create, compete and change.
For organizations, change is the catalyst to progress and growth, but often comes with a hidden cost. Complexity. Continue reading 5 behaviors of Great Simplifiers